August 1, 2011

Simplicity

As I've said before, a lot of the photo's I've taken were originally taken for my own use.  I would constantly see beautiful photography wall hangings that I wanted to purchase, but they were always so expensive...ridiculously so!  I thought to myself, "why can't I just take the photo's myself, edit them and hang them on my wall?  My photo's turn out just as well as theirs."  So, that was the beginning of my journey.  But the one thing I noticed about my photo's is that they are simple, for now.  Though I welcome challenges every day as it helps me grow in my photography.  I also never considered myself a photographer, and I still don't.  But I might change my mind one day.

Here are some recent photos:

I am generally in Little Washington, Va every Friday of the week.  For over a year I've been taking this weekly trip to that adorable little historic piece of VA, and for the first time I saw this very old post office box just sitting beside the old post office building (go figure, right?)  I instantly thought, I need to get a photo of this!  So I did, and I edited it.  My camera was dieing and took a horrible picture or else I would've left it the way it was.  Here's the end product.


That very same afternoon I had to drive by the Amissville, Va post office (geez, what's with po's that day!?) and I remembered this beautiful church on my way home.  It's equally as quaint inside, but no one was there, and again...my camera was dieing.  I would've had a great shot of the entire church, steeple and all, if there weren't stupid power lines in front of it!


I actually took this photo several weeks ago outside of my house, but I just now got around to playing with it.  The sun was fabulous that day!

Well that's it for now!  Don't forget to check out my facebook page for my photo's, pricing etc.  http://www.facebook.com/amyfewellphotography

Again, thank you so much for your support!  You guys are amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios