February 6, 2013

Newborn Session | Little Baby Violet

My husband and I met Timothy and Julie in our school years. They are two of the sweetest people you'll ever meet -- pure and genuine in everything they do. We have been friends with them for years, and they have been a blessing to us more than they know. 

Naturally, I'm delighted every single time a new life is born. One of my favorite children's books to read to my son is On the Night Your Were Bornand every time I know a little one has blessed this beautiful earth, I think of the line in the book that says, 

"...heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn, on the wonderful marvelous night you were born."

I thought of this line during Violet's session. She is gorgeous in every way, and I know that she will follow closely in the sweet spirited footsteps of her parents and siblings. 

Seeing as I just started my photography business only a year and a half ago, I didn't have the chance to photograph the Beahm family until this Christmas. We also took this time to get some maternity photos.





Our original plan was for me to photograph Violet's birth as well, but she gave mommy and daddy a big surprise and came very quickly!!! So, we did not have enough time to capture that. However, I was absolutely thrilled to photograph her newborn session last week :)

This was my very first newborn session, and I have to say that I loved every second of it, even the poopy ones. Though, I will be better prepared next time :). This session has taught me so much about newborn photography -- it is a completely different type of photography!! But I fell in love with it instantly. I did forget my heater, ugh! Silly me!! But thankfully Julie had one. So sorry about that!!

Here are some of my favorites.

Look at all of that beautiful hair!




Big sister Claire!








Big brother Wesley was tuckered out -- and so was Grammie!

And just for fun
(the bubble on her bottom is not in the finished photo. I'm a firm believer in discretion, especially on the internet!) 
A lot of people don't realize what goes into photo editing, especially for newborns. Safety is a MUST, especially when it comes to the little people!! Here is a before and after of just what needs to be done to make a good photo a GREAT photo to match your style and create a more "put together" picture.

Congrats Timothy, Julie, Claire, and Wesley on the new adorable addition to your family! Thank you so much for allowing me to photograph Violet, and for your patience with me as I continue to learn! Love you guys!

xoxo
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I love them Amy! I'm so glad you captured these moments! I'm so proud of you and your work!
    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Jules :) Thank you so much for allowing me to 'practice' on you guys! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Feeric Studios