March 29, 2012

A Rainy Spring Weekend

Seeing as I currently work full time for a magazine and part time for a newspaper, I don't really have a lot of time on my hands right now to devote to 'fun' photography....aka, detailed nature photography....my first love.

However, this past weekend we had a nice little thunder storm and warm weather, which made for a very life filled nature scene around my home. So, I took advantage of it!

My first find were these amazing turkeys. It's not often you get to see a male turkey "struttin' his stuff around" ;). Unfortunately, I only had a 55-200mm lens and he was STILL too far away to pick up the details. So, I got some photos of him, but they are horrible quality. These photos were taken at 200mm and then blown up and cropped just so you could see the turkey. 
Otherwise, he would've looked like a black blob :)

I had better luck in my own front yard when it came to details.

These rain drops just kept pooling on the leaves of these tiger lily plants, so I HAD to take a photo. I was concerned that it wouldn't turn out as I had hoped since I don't have a macro lens. But, I was pleasantly surprised :)
 It truly does go to show that the camera is only half of what makes the photo!

These little flowers are my favorite -- they are so delicate and beautiful!

Peak-a-boo! 
Caught these 2 little flowers peeping from behind a branch with a rain drop about fall from them.

I have been enjoying this warm spring time weather so much. It makes for amazing nature photography early in the year.

And with warmer weather comes outdoor natural light photography sessions! Please let me know if you are interested in booking a session this Spring or Summer! I am also booking sessions in advance, even into December! Don't forget about your Christmas photos, birthday photos etc. Book your session now before these events sneak up on you!

amy.fewell@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios