April 19, 2012

Springtime Blooms

The weather is so nice and I believe it plans on staying this way until the Fall! Now is the time to start thinking about booking your Spring or Summer natural light photography sessions with me. I've done some tweaking to our rates and prices to better suite my clients. There are some new photo print packages as well as disc packages. Contact me for special discounts available to previous clients and for package deals. Please take a look at the changes if you're interested in booking a session. 

Some people are also thinking ahead of time and booking their Christmas photo sessions now, for October & November, since that is an extremely busy time for photographers! So, that is something to think about too. My book is fairly open right now, but I can't promise that it will stay that way for long!!

And don't forget about our SMASH Birthday Photography package!! Perfect for first and second birthdays....and even older!

I have my very first wedding to photograph on May 12th. I am SO extremely excited to photograph this beautiful couple. Their wedding is 1940s themed, so I'm also amazingly excited about that ;) Can't wait to share photos with you guys!!

With the Spring weather we've been having, I've simply fallen in love all over again with nature photography. The best thing about nature is that you don't ever really need to edit any of the photos that come out of the camera. Nature is beautiful all by itself....why tamper with it?
These little flowers are weeds. I know this because they are growing ALL OVER my yard. But they are pretty weeds, none the less. Or maybe I should refer to them as 'wild flowers', as to not offend them ;)
This is straight out of the camera. Beautiful, if I do say so myself.

I'm also a little obsessed with the dogwood trees in my yard.
I have a Japanese dogwood in my front yard that doesn't bloom until Summertime. Can't wait! The blooms/flowers on the Japanese dogwood are similar to regular VA dogwoods, but their ends are pointed instead of rounded.



I'm 100% positive that these are weeds as well. These purple flowers literally are ALL OVER our yard. But they are gorgeous!!! Anybody know what they are?

My husband and I took our little guy fishing this past weekend. Of course, he had a blast. And of course, mommy had a blast taking a few photos ;) I'm amazed by what an AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6 lens can do. I don't own a macro lens yet (on the list!), but so far, my regular 55-200mm works just fine. These photos have also not been edited simply because I didn't have the time. But, they look ok to me!



Snagged this shot on Easter Sunday. The mountains were hazy that morning. 
Still haven't mastered taking photos of mountains yet. :)

And last but not least, I'm still offering these wedding hangers for your special bride or groom to be! $25 for one hanger or $35 for 2 hangers. 
I made these 2 weeks ago for a lovely couple in Culpeper, VA. 
Wire can be copper or galvanized. Hangers can be cherry wood or light wood. 
Customizable ribbon and text (Mrs., Mrs. Smith, Bride, Groom, etc.)

Thank you so much for your continued support. Now that I have a new camera (of my own!) and more equipment, I'm ready to make photography my top priority in work! 
Looking forward to working with all of you beautiful people! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios