January 6, 2012

Favorite photos of 2011

I didn't really start getting into photography until Spring of 2011.  I, honestly, used to hate taking photos.  It's just something that I never thought I was really good at so I just never did it.  But the need for decorative wall art and photos in my own home became a need (since I couldn't afford it at a retail store!) and so began my journey of photography.  People noticed it, and they enjoyed it.  I started a facebook page for my photography (mainly nature, landscapes and customized wall photography) and had people wanting to place orders.  You can read the entire story of this new journey here.

Anyhoo -- long story short, I now have a wedding booked in 2012 (which was scheduled in 2011!), I've had numerous portrait sessions and am on the road to what I believe is a wonderful new adventure that I've fallen in love with. 

Here are a few of my favorite photos of 2011.  I hope you enjoy them!!
  







The photo below really started it all for me.  It was the moment I knew that I LOVED creating new and exciting things with photography.  This photo was taken in Warrenton, Va on the film set of Clint Eastwood's movie 'J Edgar'


In October 2011, I took my first steps into taking photos of....*gasp* PEOPLE!  Here are a few of my favs from Bridgette & Jeff's engagement session.






I just had a blast with this lovely little family below.  Little Harry was just adorable and I love how his spunk shows in the photo's.  The Foard Family was by far one of my favorite sessions!!





 The Hoffman Family is up next!!  The leaves were very cooperative this day -- the sun?  Not so much!!  I know that half of the kids aren't looking at the camera in this photo, but I just love love love the moment of mom looking at baby :) Warms my heart!



And my most favorite photo of the entire year?  *ahem* drum roll please!!!

That would be Harry Foard!!  He stole the spotlight.  I fell in love with this photo when I took it and I think I'm even more in love with it now.  None of this was posed -- he was the perfect little natural model for the camera.  All he had to do was just be him and he did it perfectly!  I love the background too.  When I saw the star on this barn I instantly knew I just had to get it into the photo mix somehow!  This was the perfect way.
 Thank you all so very much for supporting me over the past few months with this new journey.  You have been such a blessing.  Can't wait to see what 2012 holds!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios